Queens duck sauce killer Glenn Hirsch found dead by apparent suicide at home


NEW YORK — The notorious duck sauce killer, accused of shooting a restaurant delivery boy, was found dead Friday morning at his Queens home after apparently committing suicide, his lawyer said.

Glenn Hirsch’s body was found by detectives sent to his home after the suspect missed a Friday in court, a police official said. An autopsy will reveal how Hirsch died, the official said.

Hirsch’s new lawyer, Arthur Aidala, said the accused murderer shot himself.

See also  Sam Ryder reminds fans that Eurovision 2023 is still 'Ukraine's party'

Aidala said he spoke to Hirsch two days ago but that he and his client missed calls from each other yesterday.

On Friday, when Hirsch failed to show up in court, the judge told the city sheriff’s office to check him at his Jamaica apartment on 141st St.

Hirsch has been out on bail since June with an ankle bracelet that kept an eye on his whereabouts.

He was initially held without bail for the April 30 murder of Zhiwen Yan, 45, in Forest Hills.

See also  Imran Khan's house gets police protection after his loved one is arrested

But Judge Kenneth Holder of the Queens Criminal Court changed the terms of the bail on June 8 and set the bail at $500,000. Hirsch posted the hefty amount and was released on strict orders to stay at home.

Hirsch, 51, was arrested on June 2 on charges of shooting Yan to death after he stalked the delivery man and other employees at the Great Wall Restaurant for weeks over his demand during a previous trip to the restaurant for more duck sauce. The Queens DA called the bizarre beef an “obsessive point of contention.”

See also  Israeli airstrikes kill Islamic Jihad commander in Gaza

Police said Hirsch circled the block of the restaurant several times the night of the murder, then followed Yan as he rode off on his scooter to make a delivery before shooting him in the street.



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here