Hundreds gather at multiple street takeovers in Compton, South LA overnight

0
38

The streets of Los Angeles were again hit by a series of illegal takeovers late Monday night and early Tuesday morning.

The first reported case was in South Los Angeles at the intersection of 54th Street and Vermont Avenue, where footage from the scene shows people hanging out in cars as they perform donuts and light fireworks into the crowd as hundreds of spectators stand by.

See also  What emigrants need to know about SARS taxing rights to your retirement benefits

After Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department deputies broke up the rally, they converged again about 10 miles away on Compton Boulevard and Central Avenue.

Deputies said no arrests had been made in either case.

They said that despite a more concerted effort to monitor areas where takeovers have taken place in the past, it is difficult to predict where the next one will take place.

See also  New Jersey wildfire could become state's largest in years

However, California Highway Patrol officers do their best to warn them when they see large groups of vehicles moving up or down highways at the same time.

No injuries were reported

The two rallies were just the latest in a series of street takeovers plaguing residents of Southern California, as Compton was hit less than 24 hours earlier at the intersection of Wilmington Avenue and Caldwell Street Monday morning.

See also  Blair says police didn't ask for emergency law, but asked for help to end lockdowns | Radio-Canada News

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here